The physiotherapists at Glenroy Specialist School:
- Help children learn to move, develop and play at a level appropriate for them.
- Assess and prescribe equipment children may need to assist with their weight-bearing and mobility at school.
- Talk with other health professionals as required, and with parental consent, to help co-ordinate a child’s return to school after illness, hospitalisation or surgery.
- Teach strategies to assist students to reach their potential for independence.
- Providing staff training on safe manual handling techniques and on the correct use of equipment to ensure the safety of both staff and students.
- Help modify the immediate environment to maximise every student's ability to access their learning programs.
- Work closely with other therapy disciplines and teaching staff to ensure that everyone is working towards helping each student achieve their learning goals.