Glenroy Specialist School is the largest of four Victorian Schools catering specifically for students who have physical or multiple disabilities or complex health needs. Our students are aged between 5 and 18 years. The school is organised into Junior, Middle and Senior Sub Schools to cater for the needs of our students as they develop from very young children into young adults.
We are lucky to have a world class school facility that was opened for the start of the 2013 school year.
At Glenroy Specialist School we have:
- Experienced specialist teachers and assistants working with Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists to integrate therapy into our classroom programs in a total team approach
- Three full time nurses
- Visiting specialist teachers trained to cater for the visually and hearing impaired.
- Visiting Doctors, orthotists, wheel chair specialists and a hairdresser
- A Parents lounge with a kitchenette and internet facilities
We offer students engaging and challenging learning programs that are based on the are based on the AUSVels curriculum including Working Towards Foundation levels
- Communication and Literacy
- I.C.T. including the use of large interactive computers
- Multi-sensory programs
- Music and music therapy
- Visual arts
- Individual Mobility programs including bike riding, walking, standing and motorised wheelchair training
- Intensive Interaction
- A meal time program that provides each student with 1:1 time each day to support their nutrition and hydration needs and for skill development to maximise their independence
- A Transition program to support our most senior students and their families as decisions are made about adult pathways.
The Student Leadership Team and Scouts are important groups within the school.